92. Limits of jurisdiction in the matter of punishments
(1) Save as otherwise in this Act or in any other law specially provided, the court, whenever it may punish a person for an offence-
(a) by imprisonment, may impose a sentence of imprisonment for a period not exceeding three years, where the court is not the court of a regional division, or not exceeding 15 years, where the court is the court of a regional division;
(b) by fine, may impose a fine not exceeding the amount determined by the Minister from time to time by notice in the Gazette for the respective courts referred to in paragraph (a); [this is currently R60 000 for a district court, and R300 000 for a regional court]
(d) by correctional supervision, may impose correctional supervision for a period as contemplated in section 276A (1) (b) of the Criminal Procedure Act, 1977 (Act 51 of 1977).
- Not enough homes for cats and dogs
- Prevention of animal cruelty and abuse
- Prevention of euthanasia of unwanted pets
- Prevention of pet overpopulation problems
- Animal shelters will not be overfull
- Less roaming and fights
Your pet will not grow fat after sterilization unless you over feed it. Additionally, sterilization does not stunt growth, and there are NO benefit in letting your pets have a first litter.