- Disturbed sleep patterns
- Anxiety, agitation
- Pulling away from friends and family
- Past attempts
- Extremely self hating thoughts
- Feeling like they don't belong
- Feeling trapped
- Increased use of alcohol and/or drugs
- Loss of interest in favorite activities - "nothing matters"
- Giving up on themselves
- Suicidal thoughts, plans or actions
- A sudden feeling of well being
- Allowing you to get help
- May help the person feel less isolated, more cared about and understood
- Talking may help one see other solutions
LISTEN: Listen to your friend or family member without making judgment and offer your reassurance. Don't leave them alone.
TELL: It is safest to get the necessary help right away. Even if you have been sworn to secrecy or feel as if you would be betraying your friend or family member, you should always seek help as soon as possible.